At O’Rourke Petroleum, our culture is rooted in everything we do, both internally with our team as well as externally with our customers and partners. It sets the tone for the way we conduct business, guides the way we interact with and relate to one another, and helps us deliver superior products and services for our customers.
In other words, our culture lays the foundation for ALL aspects of our business, and we continuously strive to strengthen our culture based on the following shared values:
- Providing consistent coaching and mentoring for our people; building a strengths-based culture where we support individual growth and development
- Encouraging a healthy work-life balance
- Fostering a team environment based on mutual trust, respect, honesty, and openness
- Ensuring our employees are valued and feel they belong
- Creating a supportive foundation for customer-led service and innovation
- Striving for business excellence in every task we perform and in every decision we make
Building O’Rourke Family Trees
Our employees are truly the heart of our organization. But not only do our employees make us strong, so do their families. At O’Rourke, we like to say we are “building family trees” – sustaining and growing our “family business” by supporting the educational efforts of the children of our staff. We do this through a variety of internal programs available to the kids of our O’Rourke family members, which include:
- Junior Internships: O’Rourke family students ages 14+ have the opportunity to work with us for the summer to learn about the industry and get a taste of the business
- College Scholarships: We offer scholarships up to $1500 each to students of O’Rourke employees that pursue a degree in a field related to the petroleum industry
- Straight A Club: Good grades equals cash from O’Rourke! We pay $100 to each student who gets straight A’s for the semester/grading period
- Birthday Cards: We encourage each child to save (or spend!) by sending birthday cards every year with a $5 bill included
Families are important to us. If we can help provide a solid educational foundation and build careers for our extended families, then we’re doing our part to bring new life to the industry while growing our O’Rourke family tree. It’s an inherent part of our employee-focused culture, and it’s the way we like to do business at O’Rourke.
If you would like to be a part of the O’Rourke family tree, visit our Careers page or call us at 1.800.683.1331.